Who are we?

Te Ara Angitu is a group of Year 5 and 6 students at Ara Tū Whakatā Gilberthorpe School in Hei Hei, Ōtautahi, Aotearoa. Welcome to our blog where we share our learning throughout 2022.
You can also see sharing from Rimu and Whakamanawa students from previous years.

Monday 30 May 2016

Bold and Whacky at Gilberthorpe

Bold and Whacky Hair Day for REACH

Today we had our Bold and Whacky Hair day to help raise money for REACH for Child Cancer.  We had some fantastic hair styles going on.  Here are a few of our styles in Rimu Class.
All keen for a quick pic.
A couple of sprayed on ribbons and lots of lovely colours.
So many uses for minion cupcakes.
Nothing like a bit of green hair.
Such a lovely looking bunch.
Hmm raspberry donut...wait what?
I found a hair in my donut.
Yay yay yellow and mega plaits.
Woah...now this is the kind of thing you see in magazines.
Creative plaits and ribbons.
Miss Waho to the right.
Oopps...Miss Waho to the left.
Like teacher like student...pass me the clippers Maddison.

20 comments:

  1. Man you guys are cool. Your pictures always warm my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stunning aye? I must admit they bring tears to my eyes because they are so lovely.

      Delete
  2. Yesterday was so fun.I LOVED everyones whacky here becauuse IT WAS SO WIERD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved Wacky hair day I wish we could have another wacky hair day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good wackey hair styles Rimu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool because it is really cool to help kids with cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true. It was fun for us but we were also doing something for a really good reason.

      Delete
  7. these are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the effort the Rimu children went to! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Corry. We always like to get involved with what is going on.

      Delete
  10. I like the crays hair it is funny

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the crays hair it is funny

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this day not just because it was muffty but for the reach charity for child canser.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks Miss Waho for let'ing me be in that photo with you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool that looks like fun I wish I was there :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi my name is Janice from ODS. I really like what you guys have done with your hair! It looks so cool. Maybe my school or class should try it once? Maybe next time you guys could look at my blog http://odsjanices.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete