Who are we?

Te Ara Angitu is a group of Year 5 and 6 students at Ara Tū Whakatā Gilberthorpe School in Hei Hei, Ōtautahi, Aotearoa. Welcome to our blog where we share our learning throughout 2022.
You can also see sharing from Rimu and Whakamanawa students from previous years.

Monday 4 February 2019

Welcome Welcome

Kia Ora Whakamanawa 2019

Where did those holidays get to?  Today we had our first day back in Te Rōpū Whakamanawa.  We have 23 Year 6 students and 4 Year 5s in our class this year.  We are working on learning about our standards and expectations, our names and history, our class mates and whānau and forming relationships within the school.
Our first day back was a good one and it is great to be back. 
Here are a few pictures of us today:






It feels like we are going to have a fantastic 2019 and we look forward to sharing our learning journey.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Miss Waho,
    It's Keisha!!
    I miss you guys soo much as you can see I'm on my home account.
    This post is really good.
    One day maybe you can pop in to Kirkwood or Ill come back to see you!
    How's everything going??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Te Rōpū Whakamanawa!

    I really enjoyed reading about your first few days back at school and seeing some familiar faces in your photos. Some of you might remember me from when I was in the Junior Hub working with Kea class in 2017! Now I teach down the road at Hornby High School and have enjoyed reconnecting with Gilberthorpe students as they move up to Year 7 and 8!

    I look forward to seeing more of your learning this year and I hope you will check out my 7/8Bh class blog as well!

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Waho, it is Jrae W. I am still wanting to be at Gilberthorpes Primary and I wish I was there. Your class look very happy to have you as their teacher. Maybe you could show some pictures of their work. How many students are in your class this year?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora I'm Chloe from Hornby High School. This class looks very cool. I like what your working on. It's great things to focus on and learn about. I also like how everyone looks happy and enjoying their first day back at school. What did some of you guys do in the holidays?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Anneleise and I go to Hornby High school. I like how everyone is back in their uniform with a smile and is ready for learning. The classroom looks really good and it is really nice that all the students are enjoying themselves on there first day back at school. What did you guys learn on your first day back at school?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Tahnesha I go to Hornby High School, I was looking at all your photos and writing and it is really cool and you have a lot of people in your class, But maybe you could put some more things on what you are doing, But I was wondering how much people you have in your class?.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looked like so much fun from lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looked like so much super duper fun

    ReplyDelete

  9. Dear gilberthorpe school

    Has it been good without me at gilberthorpe and How is it
    Been miss Waho I hope it has been good and is everyone ok.i will visit soon and I miss gilberthorpe so much and I hope that it is fine without me bye. Lachlan

    from Lachlan downing.

    ReplyDelete