Who are we?

Te Ara Angitu is a group of Year 5 and 6 students at Ara Tū Whakatā Gilberthorpe School in Hei Hei, Ōtautahi, Aotearoa. Welcome to our blog where we share our learning throughout 2022.
You can also see sharing from Rimu and Whakamanawa students from previous years.

Saturday 30 July 2016

Tivaevae Patterns

Tivaevae Art

Heading towards Cook Island Māori Language Week, we decided we would do some Tivaevae patterns for Fun Friday.  We folded squares of paper and traced a stencil or created our own designs.  When our patterns were cut, we unfolded our paper to see what beautiful design we had created.  We then mounted these on paper and they were ready to display or take home.










6 comments:

  1. Hi it,s Callum I like how culerful your pichers are nice work keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey its Izzy here. These look awesome I love it mabye i'll try next week it looks fun. I wonder were we are going to put them up on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys incredable art work great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a talented group of students. Art is a great way to learn about Maori culture. From Emma Nottage, Jorja's Aunty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talofa, my name is Amber and I am a student in Room 22 at Owairaka District School. I really like the beautiful colours in your artwork. It made me think of when my family and I went for a holiday in Cook Islands and we saw these beautiful flowers like the one's you children made. Have you thought of making your work more colourful and using shapes in side of the big shape? If you would like to see my learning blog my address is http://odsamberma.blogspot.co.nz
    Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there my name is Melbourne from room 22 Owairaka District School. I really loved that you made Tivaivai patterns from the Cook Islands. And guess what I'm Cook Island too.
    Is There any Cook Islanders in your class room

    Also if you want to see my blog go to odsmelbournea.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete