Who are we?

Te Ara Angitu is a group of Year 5 and 6 students at Ara Tū Whakatā Gilberthorpe School in Hei Hei, Ōtautahi, Aotearoa. Welcome to our blog where we share our learning throughout 2022.
You can also see sharing from Rimu and Whakamanawa students from previous years.

Wednesday 7 December 2016

Hour of Code

Khan Academy Hour of Code


Today we are learning about coding through Khan Academy.  Students worked through a range of tutorials and experimented with creating snowmen and other pictures.  
Here are  couple of examples from the early stages of our coding.
The main part of Hannah N's Snowman
Milan's start to a face.
Sita's duck.
We will share more as we explore coding.
Rimu Class students explore and enjoy Coding.

Update...We can add colour-
What do you mean the teacher doesn't know how to use coding?
Nathan on code:  Keen to code for more than an hour.  It keeps my brain working hard.

Caleb:  It is really good because it gets our brains switched on and working.  It gets us frustrated but it's fun figuring out what you can do.
Callum:  I really like it because you can work at it as a team to figure out the codes.
Nathan's code creation

Hannah O's portrait of Amelia

The 'Hour of Code' is a nationwide initiative by Computer Science Education Week and Code.org to introduce millions of students to one hour of computer science and computer programming. Created by Pamela Fox.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Miss Waho, Hannah Bro Here.
    Coding is on of my favourite things to do. I feel like I got the hang of it pretty quickly.
    Maybe I will try to make a house later?
    Blog Ya Later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Miss Waho Thanks you for teaching us this and letting us use thing tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Miss Waho, Amelia here.
    Wow this has been so much fun coding all these different pictures. I can't wait until after this comment to do MORE coding!
    That portrait of me is a bit off but it doesn't matter.
    Blog ya later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it's Eli here
    I love this I wish we could all the time it's the best thing
    ever I've got so much I'm my BRAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Miss Waho its Callum.
    I liked doing codeing it was a lot of fun.
    Hannah.o Code of Amelia is cool.
    Blog u Later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salut Miss Waho and Rimu class it's Alyscia here.
    The coding for an hour was boring and annoying for me because all i was doing was pretty much waiting and sitting there for it to load.
    But I bet it was fun for every one else.
    Au Revoir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kia Ora Class Me Hannah N Here!
    I love the coding site Ehh!!!! I would love to use it again but for some reason I find it really helpful so if there is any other sites that uses coding you could use your coding strategy on it.
    Anyway
    Comment you later!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ola Miss Waho, Hannah.O Here.
    I loved doing coding, it was hard because I couldn't get the shapes where I wanted it to be.
    Did you find it fun? Would you do it for more then a hour?
    Blog ya later!

    ReplyDelete