Who are we?

Te Ara Angitu is a group of Year 5 and 6 students at Ara Tū Whakatā Gilberthorpe School in Hei Hei, Ōtautahi, Aotearoa. Welcome to our blog where we share our learning throughout 2022.
You can also see sharing from Rimu and Whakamanawa students from previous years.

Wednesday 22 August 2018

Digital Ignition

Digital Ignition

Today we had our first session with Lyn from Digital Ignition Māpura Matihiko. We started learning about Binary Code.  
Beginning to learn about Binary Code.  
Binary code used to communicate with the robot.

Lyn tells the robot what to do.

Cute little guy.

Sussing out the code to spell out HELLO!
We are looking forward to our next session where we will work with iPads, robots and code.

Our challenge for the week is to see if we can spell out our names.


5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Rimu class. My name Is Anyah from Paihia School. I’m a year 6 student in Te Ngahere. I like how you guys were learning about Digital Ignition. What I liked was that little robot. Did you make the robot? Did you enjoy your day? What was good about it? Anyway have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Rimu class. My name Is Anyah from Paihia School. I’m a year 6 student in Te Ngahere. I like how you guys were learning about Digital Ignition. What I liked was that little robot. Did you make the robot? Did you enjoy your day? What was good about it? Anyway have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Rimu Class. My name is Rikesh and I am a year six at Paihia School. Your blog post about Digital Ignition is cool. The little robot is cool because if you tell it to do something, it does it. You guys are really lucky to do that kind stuff. But overall I loved it.
    Keep up the good work.
    Rikesh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Rimu class. My name Is Anyah from Paihia School. I’m a year 6 student in Te Ngahere. I like how you guys were learning about Digital Ignition. What I liked was that little robot. Did you make the robot? Did you enjoy your day? What was good about it? Anyway have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Rimu class. My name Is Anyah from Paihia School. I’m a year 6 student in Te Ngahere. I like how you guys were learning about Digital Ignition. What I liked was that little robot. Did you make the robot? Did you enjoy your day? What was good about it? Anyway have a great day

    ReplyDelete