Who are we?

Te Ara Angitu is a group of Year 5 and 6 students at Ara Tū Whakatā Gilberthorpe School in Hei Hei, Ōtautahi, Aotearoa. Welcome to our blog where we share our learning throughout 2022.
You can also see sharing from Rimu and Whakamanawa students from previous years.

Friday 3 May 2019

Then and Now

Awww...Too Cute

A few years ago when we were redesigning our website, Laura who was our school secretary and also a professional photographer, took some beautiful photos of our tamariki at school.  These photos so were so stunning that we had some of them printed onto canvas and displayed them in our old admin area.

When the building was being revamped, these pictures were stored away for a bit.  When Te Ara Takitini was ready for us to inhabit, we brought a few of them into our space to continue to be on show.  

Some of the students have moved on but a few still remain.  Recently, one boy who had moved schools, paid us a visit for the day which meant we could have a go at recreating a particular photo.  Kids have grown a lot since the originals were taken with some students being in their final year here at Gilberthorpe.
Here are a couple of then and now photos that we have done.


Although the photography of the recent photos is not so great, being able to repose together sure made our day.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Waho!
    Aw! Even though I see these pictures everyday, they're still as cute as ever. The recreations of the pictures just say how much everyone's changed. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time to see the little version of me and Nalanee doing our first day at school.
    From Mikayla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Whakamanawa blog,
    They look so cute! 😍, and I love the original photos they all look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, my name is Alex i'm from Hornby High School.
    I liked your blog post becuase of your very cute pictures I think I have already seen this picture but I don't know where I saw it.They still look so cool even when they grew up.

    I really like the pictures like what you said they look really stunning.

    Please reply on my comment bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. time really does fly doesnt it

    ReplyDelete