Who are we?

Te Ara Angitu is a group of Year 5 and 6 students at Ara Tū Whakatā Gilberthorpe School in Hei Hei, Ōtautahi, Aotearoa. Welcome to our blog where we share our learning throughout 2022.
You can also see sharing from Rimu and Whakamanawa students from previous years.

Sunday 4 November 2018

Group Work-Working Together

Buddy Reading

So far this term we have been working in our home base classes.  Te Rōpū Whakamanawa are all Year 6 students so it has been nice for us to be working more together and exploring different things as a class.  
One way that we have been doing this is through Buddy Reading.  We have a wide range of books to choose from and read together for six minutes each.  As each person reads aloud, their buddy follows and looks for a comprehension type question that they can ask their partner.  They then swap and make sure each has time to read and respond to questions.
Here are a few pictures of some of our buddies:













4 comments:

  1. Hi there, my name is Zion and I am a student in room Waitemata at Waikowhai School. I really like how you read with your buddy and your photos. It made me think of when I did buddy reading with my partner. Have you thought about taking a video of your buddy reading. If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://wpszionl.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, my name is Alex I'm from Hornby High School. I really like the the photos with your buddys. When I read with my buddy I read the book first and I'll let them read next,it makes easier for them to read. I hope you make more blog post. please reply on my comment. What is the best part about being with you buddys?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is Tasharn. I am a year 7 student at Hornby High School. I have read your blog post and I remembered that when I was at Primary School and I did buddy class.
    I really liked you blog post because you added photo aswell as lots of information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, my name is Bailey and I am at Hornby High School which is a really fun school to be at. I only started this year and its amazing just like this post that you have made. My favourite part about this post is the fact that people have been budded up by them self's or by you and look really into it. We used to have that at my old school but with little kids. Here is a question for you.
    Are those some of the buddy's or all of them ?

    ReplyDelete