Who are we?

Te Ara Angitu is a group of Year 5 and 6 students at Ara Tū Whakatā Gilberthorpe School in Hei Hei, Ōtautahi, Aotearoa. Welcome to our blog where we share our learning throughout 2022.
You can also see sharing from Rimu and Whakamanawa students from previous years.

Monday 20 April 2020

The Value of Voki

Instructions with Voki

For Literacy learning from home, this week I created a Voki instead of recording myself.  I was interested to see if this idea would work and make things a bit more interesting for students.  
When you use Voki, you can select and create your own avatar and put them in different settings.  You can then choose a type of voice an accent.  
To enter the content for what your character will say, you can choose between recording yourself or typing the content in.  
This is week two's Literacy instruction clip:
I haven't used Voki for a long time and really enjoyed it.  I thought that this would be a useful tool for teaching and for sharing learning.  

I learned how to create Voki by visiting the Voki website and trying out how it looked.  I also used Screencastify to capture my Voki because I don't know how to embed it straight to my blog.  

My next step is to teach students how to create a Voki and to be able to use this as a format to share learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment