Who are we?

Te Ara Angitu is a group of Year 5 and 6 students at Ara Tū Whakatā Gilberthorpe School in Hei Hei, Ōtautahi, Aotearoa. Welcome to our blog where we share our learning throughout 2022.
You can also see sharing from Rimu and Whakamanawa students from previous years.

Monday 30 August 2021

Learning Languages

Português with Miss Cabral

This term we are really lucky to have Miss Cabral from the University of Canterbury. Whakamanawa is always keen to learn new languages and because Miss Cabral is from Brazil, she has started teaching us Portuguese.

Before lockdown, we started learning how to say hello and ask how people are. We also started learning how to respond by saying I am good thank you.

Lockdown has meant that we now need to learn in a different way to when we are at school so Miss Cabral has created a slide to help our language learning.

Check it out and maybe you could learn some too.


1 comment:

  1. I need to get Ms Raisin to help me out with this oversized slide. I had it on small but it still went off the page. I can't cope. Help me Ms Raisin!!!

    ReplyDelete